Thursday, November 17, 2011

Santa Fe with Hans

Our visit to Santa Fe was made extra special due to our day with Hans Pastoor.  Hans was my boss, Director of Sales & Marketing, at the Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa.  Hans has always been near and dear to my heart.  However, Keith holds Hans a special place in his heart too!  One day in the employee cafeteria at Sanibel Harbour, I told everyone at my table that I met a guy.  I asked everyone's opinion on whether I should call this guy or wait for him to call me.  Well....Hans spoke right up and said, "Pick up the phone and call him, what do you have to lose?"  So, I did and a year later I married that man!  Its a good thing I didn't listen to Joe Davis, Director of Purchasing, because he said "No way, do not call him, that is tacky."  By the way, Keith admits to this day that he would not have called me first! 

Hans had some special stories of Pits and his life travels with her.  Pits wrote a collection of short stories about her life when growing up and Hans is going to do the illustrations for this booklet.  I told Hans that I would like to receive a copy of this when completed.  After hearing all about Pits, the kids wanted to see a picture of her.  Luckily, I was able to find a couple on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment