Monday, August 1, 2011

Canada

Very quick blog because we do not have internet services.  We have to carry our computer around until we find free wi-fi.  Lots of stories to tell but for now I will just tell you about the hassle trying to cross the border.  We were denied at one point of entry because of our rifles (even though we had all proper paperwork).  We had to make a decision of whether to skip going into Canada or ship the guns to Fort Myers or Seattle.  We spent the entire day driving (over 100 miles) to find a licensed gun dealer who could legally ship the guns.  Finally, we made it to another border crossing and we were "stripped searched", well...actually Big Red was stripped search while we sat there feeling violated.  There were four border patrol officicers going through ever crack and crevice.  I began to think they were going to do a cavity search on poor Chloe!  Finally made it through, but it was so late that we ended up at a Walmart for the night.  We had such a nice time at the Lethbridge, Canada Walmart.  We are now in Banff with more stories to tell, but I am out of time!

2 comments:

  1. I sent a posting but now I don't see it...this is a practice run..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this again..I'm sorry to hear about all of the lemons thrown your way by the Canadians...It seems that sometimes it all depends on the guy at customs. If he/she is in a good mood or not and that stinks!!! BUT YOU MADE IT!!!! I hope your Canadian experience is all worth it, and I think it will be. I know that you are heading to Vancouver, Brian and Fern and kids are on Vacation in BC as well for about another week...When will you be heading that way?? Have a great trip!! Always thinking of you all!! Love The Forsyth's

    ReplyDelete