Saturday, August 20, 2011

Vancouver Island

I'm back from the dead!  At least for the moment to update the blog as best I can.  I will start will my diagnosis of pneumonia!  My last posting I mentioned having a cough and cold...well things got worse from there.  We took a city bus into Victoria so I could go to a doc in the box.  After sitting for two hours with some local heroin addicts, it was my turn.  Interesting medical system (socialized medicine); no nurses, you fee is based on your age, no medical history asked, and type of triage.  Oh one other difference, they don't call them by their surname, its Dr. John or just John.  Got my meds and have been trying to recover, but its taking too long :(  So, on our way back to Fort Victoria (our campground that was actually mobile home park) we took the wrong bus.  Wandered around Victoria until we found the right bus (which was a double decker!). 

We then made our way to the Living Forest Campground which was fabulous.  Chloe went swimming with the snake infested river!
Water temp is about 65 degrees!
This is our site/view at Living Forest Campground
Whale watching
Harbor seals
Victoria wharf






No comments:

Post a Comment