Sunday, August 7, 2011

Icefields Parkway

The Icefields Parkway is the drive from Banff to Jasper.  That was the most beautiful drive with one of the most amazing experiences yet...the Columbia Icefield (an actual glacier).  We stopped along the way for a hike; however, there was a bear on the trail with her cubs.  The hikers at the trailhead told us this just as we were getting on the trail.  What does Keith and the kids want to do, go on the trail.  I didn't want to do it but off we went.  After about one  mile, I became too panick stricken and we turned around. 
Sarah Rose loves hiking with Mama and Daddy
We are actually standing on a glacier!
Michael drinking right from the glacier!  Sorry Silver Springs, it was the best water he ever tasted!
We all loved visiting the glacier.






1 comment:

  1. I love seeing Gumby having such a great time!! I hope the rest of you are. Yes Banff and the area can be busy in the summer. In fact, it is the busiest time there. More so than the winter with the skiing. I love hearing about all of your new friends.. I hope Vancouver Island is fun. I hear that it is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete